Creative NZ Pasifika Arts Intern
(fixed term contract - 1 day per week) Location flexible
20 December 2023
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date
Aloha! Talofa lava! Malo e leilei! Kia orana! Fakalofa lahi atu! Bula vinaka! Halo! Taloha ni!
From Moana to the Stars!
Our Pasifika Intern will help us support the development, promotion, and growth of Pasifika arts, as we offer opportunities to awhi the 2023-2028 Pacific Arts Strategy. This internship is supported by Creative New Zealand.
This paid internship is a unique opportunity for a Pasifika young person with a passion for Pasifika arts to gain hands-on arts management experience in the dynamic and culturally rich environment of a professional arts organisation. For someone who has big future dreams – we want you!
The internship is for the whole 2024 calendar year, for one day per week. Our Pasifika intern can be based in any area of Aotearoa. There is option for the intern to collaborate with our Tamaki-based staff in Takapuna and the Auckland Town Hall, and our Poneke-based staff in the Wellington CBD. We are also open to remote interns.
We are Choirs Aotearoa New Zealand and look after four national choirs including the New Zealand Youth Choir, the NZ Secondary Students’ Choir and Voices New Zealand. We also deliver nationwide touring and a national outreach and community engagement program.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and delivery of our Pasifika initiatives. This includes singer scholarships, conducting internships and new work development.
- Provide administrative support in tasks such as scheduling, artist liaison, and correspondence related to our Pasifika initiatives and other projects if possible.
- Collaborate with Pasifika artists involved in our initiatives to ensure their voices are heard, supported, and that anything they need to enable their access and participation is communicated back to our team.
- Collaborate with our team to ensure cultural authenticity and sensitivity in all our activities.
- Engage with Pasifika artists and performers, building strong relationships to facilitate effective collaboration.
- Be part of our team making connections and building relationships with Pasifika artists and organisations to support current initiatives and future projects
- Create documents and other material to support our Pasifika initiatives in both delivery and legacy.
- Assist in outreach efforts to connect with Pasifika communities and promote our Pasifika initiatives to a wider audience.
- Provide input into current and new outreach activity to involve and support the Pasifika community.
- Show a desire and passion for learning and self-development towards a career in the arts supporting the Pasifika community.
- Be keen to join a whanau of passionate and highly experienced arts managers for reciprocal learning.
- Be flexible across work environments e.g. Zoom, working from home, working in office spaces, working out in the community.
- Strong communication skills and ability to speak up to progress the kaupapa of this mahi.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic digital media tools.
Send your CV, cover letter, and a short video expressing your connection to Pasifika arts, and why you would like to undertake this internship at Choirs Aotearoa New Zealand.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 December 2023.